TND News was founded as The Northern Daily (TND) on 12 September 2012 to operate as a digital newspaper serving Northern Uganda, Uganda, and the globe. In April 2018, the publication changed to “TND News” with the word “Uganda” sometimes used.
TND News was founded with a core aim to bridge the gap created by the mainstream media (Newspapers), many of which were giving, or continue to give much attention to national news, somewhat leaving Northern Uganda out of the spotlight, with fewer or no stories on their Front Pages.
In 2018, the Great Lakes Centre for Strategic Media Studies (GLCSMS), an independent media organization in Uganda took over the management of the publication. The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) and other agencies of the Government of Uganda regulate both GLCSMS and TND News.
To be the leading digital news hub for the region and the globe.
To provide valuable and truthful content for societal growth.
Our Core Values
- Community Service
- Zero Corruption
Key Personnel (Editorial)
- Milton Emmy Akwam, Managing Editor.
- Frank Oyugi, Editor.
- Mark Taibot, Chief of Regional Correspondents.
- Isabella Awor, Correspondent, Lira City (Lango).
- Ceaser Okello, News Contributor based in Lira City.
- Lalam Regina Olal, Sports & News Contributor, (Northern Uganda)
- Nelly Nelson Otto, Correspondent, Jinja City (Busoga).
- Acipa Doreen, Contributor based in Lira City
- Awor Christine, Chief of National Correspondents
- Hope Owiny Ochero, Correspondent, Karamoja Sub-region.
- Okot Lil Romeo, Correspondent, Acholi sub-region based in Gulu City.
- Nancy Atim, Contributor based in Lira City
- Aceng Patricia, Contributor based in Lira City
Directors of GLCSMS/TND News
- Milton Emmy Akwam, Founder & CEO
- Frank Oyugi, Director of Content & Strategic Communications (CSCs)
- Taibot Mark, Director of Media Development and Collaborations (MDCs)
- Stephan Omara, Executive Clerk & Secretary
- Awor Christine, Director of Innovations & Digital Growth (IDG)