Last Updated on: 4th February 2023, 12:55 am
Unemployment among young Ugandans is a big concern although there is some hope. According to Trading Economics (TE), the unemployment rate in Uganda was projected to reach 3 per cent by the end of 2022.
The unemployment rate rose to 2.44 per cent in 2020 from 1.8 per cent in 2019.
Further, giving a projection in 2019, the World Bank’s senior economist for Uganda Rachel Sebudde said the “country’s labour force is growing above 4 per cent per annum”.
She added then that “Uganda can add 10m potential workers in the labour market by 2020 adding to the challenge of creating good jobs and achieving equitable growth”.
With many people looking for good and well-paying jobs today, hundreds, if not thousands of those who apply miss out.
However, with Joyland Job Consultants Ltd, a registered company in Kampala, linking job seekers to employers is what is core to them.
Over the years, dozens of Ugandans have been employed after using Joyland, an executive said.
Below are real jobs you can get around Kampala and beyond through them.
- Office attendants are needed in Ntinda. Salary is shs500,000 with lunch and transport provided.
- 10 cashiers needed to work for a betting company with branches in Makindye, town (Kampala), Kawempe; Bwaise and along Entebbe road. Salary is shs250,000 plus transport.
- 2 waitresses needed to work in a pub in Kalerewe. The salary is shs180,000 plus accommodation.
- 10 ladies are needed to work as Mobile Money agents. Pay is shs250,000. Lunch and transport will be provided.
- A cashier is needed to work in a restaurant in Kalangala. Pay is shs200,000 plus accommodation.
- A restaurant based in Wandegeya needs a cook. Pay is shs300,000 plus lunch and transport.
- Waitresses are needed in a restaurant in Wandegeya and each will be paid shs150,000 plus transport.
- A Kalangala-based restaurant needs 3 waitresses at shs150,000 each plus accommodation.
- A stationary shop in Kisasi needs a secretary. Shs300,000 is the salary plus lunch.
- A waitress is needed in Wandegeya at shs150,000 per month plus accommodation.
- 1 chef is needed in Mpererewe at shs300,000 per month including accommodation.
- A pub in Mengo wants a waitress at shs8000 per day.
- 2 waitresses are needed to work in a pub in Natete at shs150,000 plus accommodation.
- 2 waitresses are needed in Kyengera. Shs180,000 plus accommodation.
- 2 shop attendants are needed on Kampala road. Shs150,000 plus lunch and transport.
- 2 waitresses needed to work in a pub in Kawaala. Shs150,000 plus accommodation.
- A Nansana pub needs a cashier. The salary is shs250,000 plus accommodation.
- The cashier needed to work in a pub in Najjanakumbi. Shs200,000 plus accommodation.
- A sausage roaster is needed in Kalerwe. Shs150,000 plus accommodation.
- Askari is needed in Wakiso at shs150,000 plus accommodation.
Those interested should go to the Joyland office at Carol House near City Oil – Wandegeya or call 0704459877. WhatsApp No. is 0773388887. T&Cs apply.